Income tax filing season has begun and important tax documents should be arriving in the mail. Even though your return is not due until April, getting an early start will make filing easier. Follow these tips that will help your tax filing process run smooth.
1. Start gathering your records—Round up any documents or forms you’ll need when filing your taxes: receipts, canceled checks and other documents that support income or deductions you’re claiming on your return.
2. Be on the lookout—W-2s and 1099s will be coming soon; you’ll need these to file your tax return.
3. Collect donations statements from charitable organizations.
4. Make sure you collect your statements from
5. Visit Liberty Tax for assistance with your tax preparationl remember, consultations are always free!
6. Consider Direct Deposit. If you elect to have your refund directly deposited into your bank account, you’ll receive it faster than waiting for a paper check. If you need it quicker than that Liberty Tax has other options for you.
7. Have Liberty Tax review last year’s return to make sure something wasn’t missed for the 2009 tax year.
This is a busy time of year for us at Liberty Tax, but we can’t wait to assist you with your return. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your local liberty income tax preparation office.